Wedding PhotographyWhite Hart Hotel Wedding Venue
CoupleZoe & Liam
Date20th October 2018
LocationWhite Hart Hotel, Lincoln
I had the pleasure of photographing, Zoe & Liam’s wedding back in October. The wedding and reception were being held at
- The process of getting ready in the morning made the anticipation of the moment we saw each other for the first time that day more special and exciting as we did it all surrounded by our close friends and family. As a small wedding of around 50 guests for the day, the entire celebration had a special atmosphere making our day even more precious. We were looking forward to having photos taken around Lincoln Cathedral and capturing memories throughout the day. We got lots of lovely photos all around the cathedral and we all had a laugh with the photographers and groomsmen helping us to make some of the pictures happen the way they did.
- Our favorite part was when we went onto the roof of the hotel for some sunset pictures. Oliver and Aaron were brilliant in their ideas and also just letting us do our thing and we caught some great photos. It is formidable when not only the photos are special memories of the day but the taking of them and how they happened as well. We also enjoyed the two sets of “getting ready” pictures with Zoe and her bridal party in her room and Liam and his superhero groomsmen photos and then all suited up.
- Make the wedding exactly how you want it, and don’t let anybody influence your decisions for your big day. We organized every aspect of the day ourselves so it was very personalised to us and everybody could appreciate the smaller nuances of the day which reflected our personalities. Get a good photographer!! They know what they’re doing and go along with their suggestions as they lead to some great, unexpected pictures.
- No, neither of us was; everybody expected us to be nervous and wouldn’t believe how calm we actually were. Both of us knew how the day was going to work out and were more excited about living it as opposed to worrying about anything. No matter how many times anyone asked Liam, it was the only question I heard before the ceremony.
- For me (Zoe) it was receiving gifts in the morning from Liam despite agreeing we were going to treat ourselves to something special in Rome on our honeymoon instead. I was completely chilled up until the point when the groomsmen brought me the gifts of which one was a framed picture of the constellations from the night we got engaged. At which point, before having makeup done luckily, I broke into a tearful mess.
- How did you feel at the end of the day?
- Euphoric in the sense that the day turned out to be the dream wedding and the most perfect day we could have ever hoped for. People will always tell you how it is the best day of your lives and it really truly was in every way. We didn’t feel that disappointed that all of the planning and hard work to build up to the wedding was over because it is an experience as a whole that couldn’t have worked out better.
- Knowing that the way we feel now will continue for the rest of our lives through whatever life has for us.
- He was such an approachable, personable professional who we could contact as much as needed leading up to the wedding including during an online conference call. We met Oliver at a wedding fayre around a year before the wedding and it was one of the aspects I was most anticipating booking. Evidently, the photographer is one of the most significant people for the day as one of the main ways you relive the day through all of the photos and albums. I have never seen pictures like those taken by Oliver and his assistant. They were not generic, typical photos but distinct, fun, and genuine. Just the teaser photos have blown us away and we are so looking forward to receiving the rest to share and treasure with our friends and family.
Enjoy A small selection of Zoe & Liam’s wedding photos. Please leave a lovely comment for them at the bottom of the page.